Total Pageviews

Friday, October 28, 2011

A Wealthy State of Mind...




Yesterday, if someone had asked me what wealth, true wealth, looked like, I might have answered: "A six-figure job that allows you leisure and the freedom from worry, financial worry. Or a writing career with one New York Times bestseller after another coming hot off the press. Today that answer is a notion of the past. True wealth, I now know, is a mindset, an inner belief that I possess the divine ability to draw to me the things, the people, the situations and the experiences that I desire on this journey that is my life.


True, a six-figure income is a treasure, a find, in many minds, and especially so in our taxing times. But if it suddenly went the way of so many foreclosed houses, then what would you have? Nothing? Or a healthy, wealthy state of mind that accepts things come and go, with the next opportunity around the corner, present by Divine arrangement?


Same with the bestselling writing career. If it dried drier than the Sahara, then what? Do you crumble? Banish anything that reminds you who you once were? Detest other successful authors? Or do you go within to know what your next greatest adventure will be Spiritually?


With a rich, Empire State state-of-mind, I understand that my present circumstances are a result of my past thinking, my prior conditioning. Circumstances are a smoke screen of images. Drifting like clouds across the horizon of my life. Truly, they come and they go. Attempting to hold one any longer than it is supposed to dot my skies would be begging for rain...from my eyes and my soul. So today I cultivate peace, Presence and Stillness. I sit or lie quietly, as alert as your heart when waiting for the words, "I love you," from a beloved's lips.


I sit and practice being aware of my breath and thoughts. I step out of the mental waterfall at times and leap into them at others, desiring the coolness of their spray. I channel them to caress whatever I have chosen to bring to my Everyday. No, I don't have to physically see the experience. The Divine handles that. My part is to stand in my bathroom mirror and admit to myself that I know not the way...on most days! Yet I know that by believing and asking, it will come. Exactly as the Divine wants me to experience that for which I've asked...but more majestically than I could ever imagine!


Words. Thoughts. Wishes. Beliefs. They are as real as the clacking keys under my fingertips. As tangible as the after-midnight treats I shall uncover in the kitchen in a few minutes. (Uh huh! I eat whenever my tummy speaks. Don't care the hour or what the latest health guru thinks.) I practice "feeling" the power in my beliefs.


From time to time, I believe it's paramount to give oneself a Belief Check-up. The very thing that might be holding you back from experiencing what you really want to experience might just be an "underlying belief" in an unexamined belief system. Why not join me by scanning yours now?


What do you believe about YOU? I'd love for you to speak to me. To step out of the blogsphere---at 2:40 AM, which is my time now---and engage me! I don't mind. Be anonymous if you like. Just come off the roll and be. Exchange is a beautiful thing!


I believe I create the wealth and beauty of my world.
I believe I am a lovely, talented woman, with a magnanimous Spirit.
I believe my experiences make me a richer person.
I believe my perception of any situation can mean the difference between the mountaintop or the valley floor.

I believe the people in my life are precious and purposeful, not a happenstance, even the ones who came to teach me seemingly "hard" lessons.
I believe I am equip with all that I need to soar.
I believe gratitude takes me where I want to go with lightening speed.
I believe all that I desire is already present, waiting patiently for me to align myself with it vibrationally.


The photo above is from my cache of photos from my 2010 Christmas in Saint Thomas. It is an inner view of one of my ideals of Paradise. Whenever I require a repeat visit while sitting here in my comfortable, quiet and ordered writing space, I silence the lights. Invite moonlight to recline across my desk. Tickle my candles' wicks. And sit crosslegged on a navy-blue paisley sofa and dream for seventeen minutes or so. I "feel" again the kiss of the ocean...the smog-free breeze draping my shoulders and nuzzling my earlobes...hear island music in the trees..."feel" its rhythms in my feet...adore the passing wind in my locs and taste the island's pulse on my tongue.


O what a luscious place to be...mentally, before I spread my arms and twirl in Cayman Island sun.


TheGoldenGoddess
October 28, 2011

6 comments:

akaziaj said...

Can't begin to tell you how right on time and divinely inspired this post is for me. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

A very inspirational piece expressing the inner beauty of love, peace and freedom within the mine, soul and body. The sound of a new found love for life. Well enjoyed!

Dr. Kalyani Gopal said...

Your writing reflects your own beauty, what a lovely passage, loved it <3

A Golden Life... said...

Good morning, Akaziaj!

Do forgive me for greeting you so late, but better now than never. Hugs

I am elated my words inspired you to visit and share your thoughts. Indeed, I so appreciate your Presence. And when you visit again, I will be more prompt at honoring your voice.

Paz y bendiciones

A Golden Life... said...

Saludos, Anonymous!

Warm greetings and good morning. Thank you for your beautiful words. Truly they are much appreciated.

Yes! The sound you hear is of a new found love for the blessing that is my life.

Again, muchas gracias! Please visit anytime you take a notion, and have a stupendous Wednesday.

A Golden Life... said...

Bon jour, Dr. Gopal!!!

It is ever my delight to have you grace A Golden Life, wherein your Presence adds to the golden essence I pray exists here!

Thank you, also, for the lovely compliment. I know my gratitude is terribly late in coming, but the debt shouldn't be charged to my heart...only my busy ways. (smile)

Wishing you a Wondrous Wednesday and an awesome year!