Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Rhapsody in Blue

How sweet it is to bask in the presence of love!


I had the pleasure of doing just that on a sunny Saturday in June, in the presence of my fabulous friends, a loving twosome whom I have admired for many years. Being in their space is a gift. One feels the love that exudes from them, from their words, from the joy in their togetherness and from the gratitude and love evident in their gorgeous home!






They invited me to their lovely civil union ceremony on June 23, 2011. Although it was breathtaking in every way, from the choice of colors to the delectable food served to the gaiety of the planned program, not to mention their absolutely sensational presence, as lovers pledging a forever love one to the other, a lover to her beloved, I would have wanted them to know the blessing of a wedding, accepted in the eyes of our society and by the law of our great land.







But although they celebrated their love in the framework of a civil union, I was thrilled for them! Other revelers were elated, too. Amelia and Lorene represent the possibilities of the future for lesbian love. Committed and forever. Their affection was palpable! Their adoration for the other could be felt in the sweet way Amelia stared towards the doorway of the room in which the wedding was held, looking longingly for her bride to enter as the audience waited with the same awe and expectation.







It made a girl dream, paint pictures in her mind of one day being the bride while her beloved awaits her at the altar! A distant love brought closer in the sacred parts of the other's life, into the everyday, close enough to rise and rest, together, both living and loving, embraced and caressing, while watching television and preparing meals, enjoying extended families, taking vacations, standing on the other's arm at office Christmas parties, and even raising babies...or grandbabies together! Two women in love....







I loved the vows they wrote and offered up to the other, words soft and savory, delicate and more delectable than the wedding cake that rivaled any I'd experienced in years. Took a chuck home and found it more delicious than the day before, me nibbling and sharing it for two days!







Some of the other guests were beautiful souls living their dreams in unions that made me want to stay and chat all day, gathering love stories like precious stones on a Pacific beach. They set me free to cast my own net and pull in possibilities before I basked in their revelry.







I love weddings. Me encantan bodas.






It was a Rhapsody in Blue...






Living a Golden Life,
TheGoldenGoddess
July 2011

6 comments:

Lorene said...

Claudia, Claudia, Claudia! Your talent never ceases to amaze me. You are not only wonderfully talented, but gifted and blessed. To the Higher Being I give all the honor and glory for allowing the presence of such a beautiful spirit to entwine with. We love you!
Amelia and Lorene

A Golden Life... said...

Peace and blessings, on this Thrilling Thursday, Lorene!

I am happy you enjoyed the post to honor you and your wife! It is offered as a gift of love to you and Amelia, a couple who demonstrates the power of love whenever you show up!

El amor y la paz,
TheGoldenGoddess
July 21, 2011

Anonymous said...

Your writing is amazing! The way you describe things makes me feel like I was attending the wedding myself. I also love your line, "gathering love stories like precious stones on a Pacific beach." It was really beautiful. :)

A Golden Life... said...

Thank you, Anonymous!

I so appreciate your presence here on my blog! Muchas gracias! For what would writing be without an audience!

My heart overflows. Much gratitude is offered for your praise of my words.

MUAH

Besitos y abracitos,
TheGoldenGoddess

Happy Girl said...

awesome wedding! Congratulations to the newly weds!

A Golden Life... said...

Greetings, Happy Girl!

How are you? Thank you for gracing my blog! Indeed, you are welcome to visit any time.

I loved the site about lesbian gift-giving and the videos were caliente!

Paz y amor,
TheGoldenGoddess